It has been almost a year since my last post. Lots has happened in my fitness regime. Not so much in the exercise department as it is very difficult for me to squeeze in the time (hey, I still have three small children, a house, a husband, and a crochet-business to run). Plus with only one vehicle it is difficult for me to get away from the kids for any length of time.
However I have managed to lose about 20 lbs. Took me about 4 months to do it. I did it by going low-carb. Basically, I didn’t eat any breads or dairy. Lots of water. It truly is amazing to be able to fit into normal sized clothing again. I am now in the normal and healthy weight range for my height (the heavy end of it, but I’m still in it!). I still do low carb, but my weight loss has plateued, which means it’s time to add something else to this lifestyle change.
I have also managed to lose about an inch and a half from my belly in the past month just by doing plank excersizes. Which from my research is the best way to heal diastasis recti (this is a separation of the abdominal muscles, usually occurring in women who have recently been pregnant, after being pregnant for 3 years (with a total of 9 months break between my three children), I had a gap that was four fingers wide. Six months of hard work with these muscles has left the gap just half of a finger wide!).
Tonight, I have plans to get a membership at my local YMCA,
and I am hoping that by doing the classes there, I can continue to get my body into shape. I am back, and I am eager to be kept accountable for this work 🙂
- Diastasis recti (abdominal separation) (doctornat.wordpress.com)
- What Is A Diastasis? Getting Your Pre-Baby Body Back After Childbirth (broadcastarchives.net)
- Exercise during Pregnancy?Yes! Peak Physiotherapy Explains… (peakphysiotherapyblog.wordpress.com)
- Weight Loss Before and After Photos III (gwens-nest.com)
- Tummy Tuck Procedure Make You Free (skintreatmentclinincs.wordpress.com)
- Becoming Me Again-A Plastic Surgery Story : Part 1 (tbbreality.wordpress.com)
- 8 Rules on How To Get A Flat Stomach (dualfit.com)
- Stop Cheating On Your Low Carb Diet! (gumemer.wordpress.com)
- A Low Carb Diet Worked For Me (dominicspoweryoga.com)