I’ve taken excersizing classes before, but it was six years ago and never with any fancy equipment or really anything beyond a few light weights. The time period (and three pregnancies) leave me at super beginner level. I try to remind myself that everyone has to start somewhere, and at least I am starting now while I am still young and not fifteen years from now when my body will start to really rebel.
My newbie moment this past week happened in an aerobics class. We were suppose to be using steps, and instead of grabbing a couple of risers to go under the steps (like your suppose to do), I grabbed two of the steps. Yes, that’s my level of newness. I’m sure I would have noticed my mistake before getting started, but I am thankful the instructor stepped in to help me out before I injured myself. Hahaha! We all start somewhere, and now I know…don’t be the first one to grab equipment if I don’t fully understand what I’m doing 😛
- 9 newbie tips for running dungeons without looking like a newbie (wow.joystiq.com)
- 25 Things That Make You Look Dumb on Facebook (blogs.constantcontact.com)
- The Newbie Challenge (wuyokep.wordpress.com)
- Newbie (hellyeahnobodycares.wordpress.com)
- How to Prepare for a Beginner’s Yoga Class (yoga.answers.com)