Monday was my first experience with water aerobics. It was pretty fun. There were a few moves that I wasn’t too sure about (meaning I couldn’t figure out what I was suppose to be doing, or I felt no burn) but other moves definitely pumped up my heart rate. I especially enjoyed the low impact on my knees, hips, and lower back (which have taken quite a beating with three back-to-back pregnancies).
Tuesday: Didn’t know the class schedule (or my husbands schedule), so we just picked a random time to go. Only managed twenty minutes on the treadmill before the Childcare center closed. Worked my shin muscles, raised my heart rate 🙂 nothing special though.
Thursday I killed my upper legs with some kick boxing. I’ve taken a kick boxing class before but never with a bag. I sweated and it was definitely a work out.
Hiit on Friday was a killer! That’s High Intensity Interval Training. One way to describe it is “gasp, pant, breath, gasp, gasp.” Hahaha! The goal of these type of workouts are to do a lot really fast. You need to be so out of breath that you can’t talk…apparently. But your body continues to work for a long time afterwards. I guess you are suppose to see results in a shirt amount of time. I definitely sweated and that’s saying a lot for me (I rarely sweat at all).
Starting weight 155
Inches around waist 38.5
Ending weight 155
Inches around waist 136
Trying not to get bummed out at the lack of weight lost. After all, at this point it is about getting healthy not about losing weight. And inches are probably more important than weight anyways. The way I see it, muscle weighs more than fat…and I’m definitely gaining muscle (noticed by the inches lost), so maintaining the same weight should mean I’ve lost about 8 lbs. of fat, or so…I’ve just replaced it with 8 lbs. of muscle. Which will continue to eat away at the fat! All in all, I’d say it’s been a productive week 😀
- Advantages of Aqua Aerobics (avaclife.com)
- Why You Need To Try Aqua Aerobics Exercise (familyfocusblog.com)
- HIIT / Tabata (cleanmeanleanmachine.wordpress.com)
- Benefits Of Fat Loss By Interval Training (wynnfitblog.wordpress.com)
- Enjoy the Benefits of Water Aerobics with Water Aerobics Shoes (swimlaneropeblog.wordpress.com)
- Can you HIT it? The risks and benefits of high-intensity interval training (standard.co.uk)
- High Intensity Interval Training (fitbuddyblog.com)